Tips to Fight Bed Bugs Infestation
Homes are not only made of concrete and wood but are also made of various insects and pests. Just as we need food, water, and air to survive, insects also need certain components from our homes to survive and reproduce. One such insect is the bed bug. They are small, oval, brownish insects that survive on the blood of animals or humans.
Few of the characteristics of the bed bugs that can be observed are:
- Bed bugs do not fly, but they move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings
- Female bed bugs reproduce and lay hundreds of eggs
- Bed bugs may enter your home undetected through luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, and other items
- They tend to live in groups in hiding places, which is typically in mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and headboards
Signs of Infestation
If you wake up with itchy patches of skin, you may have bed bugs.
Other signs that you have bedbugs include:
- Blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases
- Dark or rusty spots of bedbug excrement can be spotted on sheets, mattresses, clothes, and walls
- Bed bugs fecal spots, egg shells where the bedbugs hide
- An offensive, musty odor from the bugs’ scent glands
If you suspect a bed bug infestation, remove all bedding and check it carefully for signs of bed bugs. Brown or reddish stains on your bedding are an indication that you may have bedbugs. Also, check for the area around the bed thoroughly or call an exterminator for a bedbug inspection or professional removal of bed bugs.
Treatments that One Should Start Doing in case You Suspect A Bed Bug Infestation
If you suspect a bedbug infestation, there are several things you need to do right away.
- Clean beddings, linen, curtains, soft toys, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer settings
- Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bed bugs and their eggs before vacuuming
- Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently
- Encase mattress in zipper covers to keep bed bugs from entering or escaping
- Repair cracks in plaster and glue to get rid of places bed bugs can hide
- Get rid of clutter around the bed
- Contact an effective pest exterminator company
The idea of effective and diligent pest control is to get a cleaner, safe, and healthier environment. Metro Pest Control is the best bed bug exterminator in Brooklyn and the Bronx. We specialize in providing cost-effective and efficient bed bug removal services. Call us for a free estimate on our bedbug preparation service as well as our bedbug exterminator service.
- Qualified technicians & experts
- Right classification of the species and correctly determining the insecticide & bait to be used
- Creates a customized plan tailored according to your household
- Safe & effective treatment
- Prevents future infestations as well
Visit our website for more information.